This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Monday, May 17, 2004

 

"Broadband" is stupid

The following is adapted from an email I wrote to Thomas and has been edited for content:

I'm getting tired of the word Broadband... it's a stupid term, not very descriptive of High Speed Internet, and I think it was probably started by someone at AOL.

In fact the whole concept of being "on" the internet is pretty annoying... you're not on it, you're using it. Do you say "I'm gettin on the power grid" whenever you turn on a light bulb? I think that the internet will become more of a utility like electricity and water. People just won't think about it - it'll be natural.

In fact, I don't think we should even say "High Speed Internet", but just "Internet" and for any poor suckers still on dial-up we can call it "Slow Poke Internet"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home