This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Thanksgiving in the sunshine

I've come down to Orlando for Thanksgiving along with my brother Thomas and sister Karen. We all got together at my sister Marie's house. It was a pretty good dinner and visit and all. I've stayed a few days longer than Thomas and Karen - I'm still here in fact.

Today I went and rode the waterslide that I built last year - I had to leave for another job before it was completed, so I didn't get to test it out with the rest of the crew. It's pretty cool.

Comments:
So you got a chance to ride the slide, eh? How was it? Was it everything that you thought it would be? And more? Even more than that!?! WOW! How much more was it?
 
No, it could be cooler if they turned up the juice a little bit. You only go fast enough to spin once around the bowl before falling down the center hole. I bet you could get going a lot faster if you jumped off the raft and went face first. Or take one of the foam mats that they have for another ride, though I doubt you could get it up there and get into the slide with it before the lifeguards tackled you and they kicked you out of the park. The body slide idea is the easiest, you could just say that you lost your grip (and balance) and fell off the tube. Feet first would probably work best, keep your legs crossed, arms on your chest, and head up.

No, I didn't try it - but I thought about it.

I know a guy who did ride it on one of the aforementioned foam mats, but it was while testing the slide before it opened to the public. Some of the guys like to try to kill themselves on the slides that we build. The idea is that some park guest may try it, so we better try it first to make sure that they aren't likely to die when they try it. The same guy got hurt pretty badly on another slide when he went (in an approved tube) right after another group and because of the nature of this particular slide, they happened to cross paths and collided with a relative speed of probably 20 mph (my very inaccurate estimate). The people in the other tube ran him over. I think that he has recovered from his injuries by now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home