This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

Return to the Technology Rant

Ok, I'm sorry about this, but I just have to clarify my sentiments in my earlier rant on technology and stuff.

Get a Bible and read Ecclesiastes 1:3-11 (It's in the Old Testament for those of you not too familiar with the Bible, so you won't find it in one of those little pocket New Testament's - it's right after Proverbs). This passage states, much better than I could, what I was trying to say about technology (and all human endeavor).

I may not post much for a while, I'm working a lot and I need to take some time for sleep.

Comments:
Read A Rose for Ecclesiastes by Roger Zelazney. Or even all of Ecclesiastes. It's pretty depressing. Talk about a nihilstic worldview.

"Vanity of vanities, all is vanity"
 
Nihilistic? I don't know about that. But I think that it makes a point. It's like the Calvin and Hobbes strip where the teacher asks Calvin what is the significance of some historic event. He replies, "In the cosmic sense, probably nil". Or something like that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home