This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Car Seat Chair Update



Ok, so I wanted a mousing surface and drink holder. And so I added them.

Here are the pictures.

While I was at it, I fixed the crappy chair mounting with some 1/2" bolts.

Features:


Still lacking:

The footrest is essential, but I haven't got to it yet. For now I'm using the edge of a bed (in my room, but not my bed), but the bed is a bit high which causes a bit of discomfort after a while.

The Monitor/Laptop stand is not essential - I just set the laptop on my lap. My desktop monitor is on a dresser (again - in my room, but not mine).

The integrated sound is something I've been thinking of since I first built it. It'll probably just be a frame to attach some cheap computer speakers behind the seat. I was thinking of mounting this directly to the steel frame of the backrest. I tore a hole in the back to get a look at this frame - shouldn't be too hard to attach something there. Afterwards, I'll close the hole all up with some nice, ugly gray duct tape.

The design of the armrest/mousing surface/drink holder follows the original design philosophy of using scrap materials. I did go out and buy the 1/2 inch bolts though - since we didn't have anything that big in the garage. I paid no attention what so ever to aesthetics. And I used only the scraps of the scraps that I used the first time.

Sorry about the messed up colors in those pictures. My camera's auto white balance is messed up or something. I could change it and reshoot them, but I'm too lazy.

Comments:
Wow, that's a lot more elaborate than what I did. I just cobbled something together so I could sit.
 
sweeto fo cheeto! i want a chair like that!! nice job btw
 
Well Paul, you get the car seat and the rest isn't so hard, I could help you out with it.

Maybe I'll write a tutorial with pictures. I'd either have to tear mine apart to take the pictures or build another one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home