This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Monday, June 14, 2004

 

Some People Shouldn't Drive

Oh yeah, I meant to include this a few days ago:

Saturday, I was driving around Hudson, WI - when I was all-of-a-sudden rear-ended by some girl in a Grand Am. We were in a long line of traffic waiting for the light to change(this was a very long line of traffic). When the car in front of me inched forward a few feet, then stopped again, I followed and stopped. The car behind me didn't stop (until it met my bumper). The girl got out (still talking on her cell phone), surveyed the damage (but didn't say a word or even look at me), then got back in her car. I pulled into the parking lot of a nearby grociery store thinking that it would be a safe place to check out the damage, but the girl just drove on. There was no visible damage except for two hexagonal marks from her license plate screws, and my hatch seemed to open just fine. So I figured that I wouldn't hold it against her. I pulled back out onto the road, drove down the clear non-turn lane (everyone was trying to turn left to get to the highway), and cut the girl in the Grand Am off to get back into the turn lane (I guess traffic hadn't moved much while I was in the parking lot).

So, I guess that some people just shouldn't be allowed to get a driver's license - we need a more thourough screening process or something.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home