This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Friday, June 18, 2004

 

Vet business

I've been house sitting for the Arcos for nearly 2 weeks now. Laurie has two horses staying in the pasture of some friends who have a nice barn an pasture, but no horses of their own.

I got a call from them Monday afternoon that one of the horses (Thunder) had a big gash on his leg. I thought that they might be exaggerating because horses get scrapes and cuts all the time.

I went over there and found out that they weren't exaggerating at all and he would definitely need stitches. So I called the vet and she came out, stiched him up, and gave me antibiotics, wound spray, and an anit-inflamatory to give him.

So now I have to go out there twice a day to give him all this stuff and I'm supposed to run water over the wound for 10 minutes to flush it out - the vet left the bottom open a little bit so that it can drain out. But he won't stand still long enough to really get it cleaned out. I've tried pouring water with a cup and having someone else help me so that I can try to hold him still, but he seems to really hate having water dumped on him.

Well, I have a few more ideas to try, but the would doesn't look too bad. I don't think that it's getting infected or anything. And he's not bad with all the rest of the stuff I have to give him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home