This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

Stay out of West Palm Beach.

The first time I went to West Palm Beach (for work), I rear-ended a Lexus because the brakes on our workvan are temperamental and it turned out to be a wasted trip because they weren't ready for us to do the work we were scheduled to do. The day wasn't a total waste, though because we went to the beach and chilled for a while.

The second time I went to West Palm Beach, we had to stay overnight and the cheapest Hotel we could find was $140/night. Then the work took longer than we expected - partially because we were two men short on account of the scheduling problem on the first trip. We had other things to do and had to split-up our crew. On the trip back to Orlando, I was totally drained and seriously dehydrated.

The night we got back, we went to a resort to work on another job. We worked until 10:30 pm and really didn't get anything accomplished - the sensors on the slide aren't working (it's a poor design), and all our efforts were essentially fruitless. One nice thing though was that one of the lifeguards gave me one of her tacos as she was leaving - it was the only thing I'd had to eat all day except for some breakfast sandwitches from dunken donuts at 9am. I ended up working 15.5 hours that day. I did get to ride the slide a few times to test it out - it didn't work, but it was fun to ride it anyway - I also surfed down it standing up a few times.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home