This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Digital Photo Editing

When it comes to digital photo editing, there's really only one player - you know who it is - starts with Photo ends with Shop. Sure there are others, but when people talk about digital image work, they talk about Photoshop.

But that's not what this post is about. In fact, I haven't ever really used photoshop - I've played with it a bit on various computers - I may have even had some ancient version installed on my own computer long, long ago. But I grew up with Corel Photo Paint. Then I advanced to The Gimp. The Gimp is basically open source Photoshop - it doesn't have all the fancy features of Photoshop, but it has all the necessary elements of a powerful photo editor.

But that's not what this post is about. In fact, my very best photos - and I've read the same from one or more professional photographers on the net - my very best photos have not been digitally touched at all (excluding simple chores such as cropping which don't alter the remaining content). I have taken a few photos and touched them up so they look pretty good, but I have not been able to replicate the quality of a picture that's just awesome straight out of the camera.

Comments:
Thanks for sharing this important article on an exceptional tool for photo editing. Corel Photo-Paint is a raster graphics editor developed and marketed by Corel since 1992. Corel markets the software for Windows and Mac OS operating systems, previously having marketed versions for Linux. Its primary market competitor is Adobe Photoshop.
 
For digital photo editing Bazaart's montage and collage tools let you combine multiple different elements -- from photos, to text, to graphics -- and layer them all up to create a finished work of art. It has tools that let you instantly erase the background from behind a portrait subject (I was amazed at how well it worked!) in order to put in a new background or layer up multiple effects. It also has a huge variety of templates to create gorgeous collages for Instagram stories too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home