This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

The Kitten Dog

She's a one and a half year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Tequilla - called Quilla (pronouced like Kia) for short and she lives with my parents in Wyoming. She loves cats, especially kittens - not to eat or to torture, just to be around and play with.

Thomas brought a 3 month old kitten with him for Christmas. At first it was afraid of Quilla and would hiss and run and stuff. But Quilla kept at it until the kitten would tolerate her, and eventually play with her. When Thomas went home, taking the kitten with him, Quilla seemed to mope around the house - it was sad.

My dad is a vet and his clinic is right next to the house, so Quilla spends a lot of time with the cats and other animals there as well. There is a stray kitten that someone brought in which they haven't found a home for yet. This thing will not let anyone near it - not even Quilla, at first. Quilla worked on this kitten and now it will let her near, but still not anyone else.

When I was there, I went down to the clinic to help my dad with something and while he was busy with something else, I was looking around at his equipment and dog breed charts and stuff. Quilla came up to me, looked at me like she wanted something, walked over to a doorway, and looked back at me as if she wanted me to follow. So I followed. And she walked to another doorway and waited for me. I followed. She eventually led me to the kennel room with all the cats (all two that is). She looked at the cats and looked at me. "Meet my friends", she seemed to say. So I took a look at the cats. The stray that my dad had told me about wasn't around - she runs loose in the clinic and hides whenever people are around. "Are these your cats?" I asked Quilla. The cats meowed, I meowed back. Quilla gave me a funny look.

She's a funny dog.

Comments:
One correction: I'm pretty sure the kitten Tom brought was 3 weeks old.
 
Yeah, it was actually about 6 weeks old. Also, there's only one "l" in tequila.
 
Oh, the kitten was only 6 weeks old. John and I were each 1/2 right since 3 weeks is half of 6 weeks and 6 weeks is 1/2 of 3 months.

There's only one "l" in tequila, and it's pronounced with a hard "L" sound, but mom thinks that it's pronounced with a "Y" sound so that's how I spelled it and that's where the dog's name KEE-uh (not KEE-Luh) comes from. So that's why I spelled it that way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home