This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Scribbler

A few years ago, I wrote a journaling program and subsequently lost it when I sold the computer I wrote it on - I could get it, or I could just as easily rewrite it, but being as lazy as I am, I searched the internet for a similar program.

And I found scribbler. It's quite similar to the program I wrote - it takes care of opening and naming a text document for a daily journal entry. It's even written in Python, which is what I wrote mine in.

There are a few technical differences. My program started a new file each time it was run and kept them all sorted by date and time. Scribbler keeps only one file per day and also has a browse mode which opens a web browser and points it to the diary directory. Oh, and my program had the option to scramble the entries so that they couldn't be (easily) read with a normal text editor - it would descramble them and open them in an editor to read them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home