This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Monday, April 02, 2007

 

You Broke My Nose!

No Wait, I broke my nose. Uh, not quite.

I was tightening a nut on a 1/2" bolt with a long 7/8" wrench. The bracket I was working on was on a fiberglass seam about 2 1/2' off the ground. The only position I had to work from was nearly directly underneath the piece. I was pulling the wrench toward my face and it slipped off the nut. The end hit me square on the bridge of my nose. I had been pulling pretty hard.

I made no sound, but buried my face in my shirt sleeve. I thought that I'd heard a slight cracking sound, but my nose did not seem to be broken. But blood was rushing, not out of my nostrils, but out of a gash on the bridge of my nose. I dabbed at the blood for a bit and took a minute to regain my senses, then went back to work.

Now it's a bit swollen and the gash is a bit larger than I'd thought at first. I'll flickr some pics when I get a chance.

Comments:
Phil, you shouldn't be allowed to use tools anymore. First, a nail in your wrist and now, you maybe break your nose? I remember when I (meaning Adam Bell) broke my nose, it ended up being the last play of the turkey bowl.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home