This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

 

New car.

I've been driving around in a '95 Ford Aspire. It's not a bad car, but it's small and very underpowered. The level of road noise while driving down the highway is unbelievable. I have to have the radio practially on full-blast just to hear it. The muffler is loud and needs to be fixed, but it's only noticeable at lower speeds because the road noise drowns it out. The car has no sound dampening features at all. It's a little metal box on wheels. The tires are really small and the thing gets blown around on the road a lot.

I take long (3+ hours) trips quite often and this car is just not very nice for such trips. I've been thinking for a long time that I need to get a different car, but couldn't afford to.

But a friend was selling his '92 Honda Accord which has a few issues, but nothing major. The price was so low that I couldn't pass it up. I had to borrow the money from my dad, but I think I'll have this car for a long time - I thought that about the Toyota Tercel that I had a few years back until someone wrecked it for me. But this Honda is even better than the Toyota - but a little older and more mileage. The A/C is broken, but I plan on getting it fixed shortly after I pay my dad back and stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home