This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

 

Wyoming

I'm in Wyoming now. It took me 2 days to drive from the Twin Cities area. I drove my new(to me) Honda Accord. And I passed 2 pretty bad car accidents on the first day.

My new car is great. It leaks a little oil, but I think that it's in the line, not in the engine so it shouldn't be too difficult to fix. It'd be nice if the A/C worked, but I'll manage without it until I can get it repaired. The cruise control works great. I used it the whole way out here. This car is much more pleasant for long drives than my old Ford Aspire(deathtrap).

The first wreck that I passed was a car that had been on fire. By the time I got to it, the fire department already had it put out and I think they got everyone out safely. But the car was completely burned. From the back of the rear door to the front bumper, all the paint was burned off and it was all just scorched metal. The trunk area was unburned so I could see that it had been white.

The second wreck was a car that had driven off the highway, down a bank, and run into some large posts. Traffic was at a dead stop for 45 minutes or so as the police and emergency crews got people out. The ambulance had been there and left while traffic was stopped - I saw it leaving down the other side of the highway.

Day 2 was pretty uneventful. I only stopped for gas. I'd gotten a pair of sunglasses, but accidentally shut them in the hood after checking my oil. They were completely crushed. But I'd actually gotten 2 pairs, so I still had another one.

I haven't done much here in WY yet except for helping my Dad with his computer equipment. I'll add posts while I'm here about anything exciting that happens.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home