This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

qpmarl blog

Here you will find personal information about my life as well as everything that I find apropriate and interesting enough to share with the world.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

 

County Fair this Week.

I've been helping the Laurie, Harmony, Isaac, and Faith with their horses at the fair all this week. So I haven't had much time for anything else. They have 4 horses there all week, and Sara came down with her horse Tez so Faith could ride him for the first 2 days of the fair.

It's been pretty crazy. Today is the first day that we don't have any horse stuff going on (there's a miniature horse show today), but I went down to feed and water all the horses because Laurie and the kids all had to do volunteer work for their 4-H club today and they were running late and didn't have time to see to the horses. Then I had to rush back to the house to take Sean to the airport because he's heading out to a conference in Denver. Traffic was pretty terrible because of construction on the bridge near Newport on 494. My car needs a new thermistat and valve cover gasket, but I don't have the money to buy them right now (yes, they're both pretty cheap items, but i have no money). My car runs fine, just a little hot - not in the red, and leaks a little oil. So I'll probably just keep driving it as it is even though it's probably not good for it.

Sara had truck problems on the way down here, but it turned out to be no really big deal, but adventurous - she had to have her truck and trailer towed to the fair and then the truck to a repair shop. Faith and Sara went to Walmart and locked the keys in Faith's car. I went there to help them, but Faith's boyfriend Jason was on his way with the lockout kit from the garage he works at. It took him about 30 seconds to open the car. But while we were waiting for him, Faith, Sara, and I played some cards on the hood of her car. Afterwards, I took Sara to pick up her truck from the repair shop which was closed, but they left the keys in it for her and trusted her to slip the money in through the key drop slot.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with Faith and Sara at the fairgrounds durring the horse shows. They stayed there 2 nights in a row, and Sara had a little TV and DVD player in her horse trailer. Sara's gone home now because Faith is done using Tez. It'll be kinda lonely there without her for the rest of the fair. Faith will be using her usual horse, Chica Bonita, for the rest of the fair.

Harmony sang the National Anthem for the beginning of the horse show on the first two days. She also sang it for the talent show last night. Her friend Hanna Szajner went on stage with her to hold the flag. Harmony sang very well (2 verses) and recieved more applause than any other act. There were more than a few tears by the end of the song which she dedicated to her brother Jacob who is a Marine deployed to Iraq. But the judges were biased or else paid-off and she didn't even place. First place went to some little kid who danced to Michael Jackson's Bad or something. What's the world coming to?

Comments:
Phil, it's spelled "Sarah"...with an "h".
I enjoyed the time spent with my cousins, getting to know them better. I'd rather forget about the clutch trouble. But I'm glad I got to meet all the new kids.
Sarah :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home